display issue

blau

5 posts in this topic

I have recently got Mac OS X 10.4.8 on my pc. i have a nvidia 7950gt video card, now im assuming it wont work as it is 512 mb. anyway, whenever i try and move a folder across the screen or scroll down a page, the screen kind of meshes into each other, its hard to explain. is this normal?

thanks for the help

I think that's normal as I had the same problem with my NX7600GS 512mb card before flashing it with a tweaked rom. The 512mb cards don't seem to work without the flashed rom. They don't accept all the fixes that Titan/Natit/NVinject have to offer. With mine, I could not get ci/qe functionality. After flashing the rom, everything works fine with no more of that 'meshing' you're talking about. The other option would be to get a 256mb card...which is what I did until I discovered this fix. Look at the thread under HARDWARE that is titled something like Overcoming the 512mb problem. It's still up near the top of the section. Hope this helps.

hey about flashing a 7950GT 512mb, you have to have the correct branded rom right? i need to flash mine in order for my mac to work, except aqua-mac has gone away for a week so i have to wait :pirate2:. im just curious whether the wrong branded rom would flash, and work in a different branded 7950GT ?

thanks ^^

Dutchman, I flashed my MSI NX7600GS with an ASUS 7600GS and an XFX 7600GS and one other that I can't remember. There wasn't an MSI for that model. Once I realized how easily it was to flash, I decided to flash different roms to see if there was any difference. I didn't notice a difference among any of them in either WinXP or OSX86. They still show in their various properties boxes as an MSI NX7600GS. I even tried flashing back the original rom, and yes, when I did that, it was just as incompatible as it was before I started. I settled for the XFX 7600GS flash, but for no specific reason. Mine now also does dual monitors, however the second one requires the dvi/vga converter. It will be interesting to see if your 7950GT get both dvi ports to work. Let me know. BTW, I should remind you that I had all but given up on my 7600GS card before I heard about flashing it. Since it became a spare card, I felt pretty comfortable about taking chances with it.