Jas 10.4.6 install to Jas 10.4.9 combo update

OSX86tester

3 posts in this topic

So I installed 10.4.6 JAS just fine and dandy on a old Dell latitude C840. I wanted to upgrade the darn thing, so I found the combo update by jas 10.4.9 intel. I ran the Package file on the 10.4.9 and at the end of the install it rang out an error, installing but when i went to about this mac. It stated I was on 10.4.9, So any App I tried to run even disk utility it would close even the bloody terminal. So Im fuct. I couldn't repair permissions with disk utility or even recognise usb thumbdrives :whistle: . So basically upon rebooting. Its just an endless reboot however I can Get to darwin. So basically I need some guidance as to what to type. I dont have the OSx86 dvd handy but i can type things, but I dont know what to type exactly. ;) Im wondering if there is a diskutility or a live cd or something. ? any help appreciated

well, in osx86 terms, that was much too far to try and update. anything pre-10.4.8 is a whole different ballgame from 10.4.8/9/10

for a live dvd, look for kismus, its quite useful, but just what to do in your situation I dont know.. I suspect your best bet would be to try and salvage your data and reinstall/upgrade from a full 10.4.8/9 DVD

Hi hagar, Well it was a new install of OSX anyway I dont care about the data. but to be honest for some reason only jas 10.4.6 DVD works like a charm if I keep SSE2 ticked and the intel kernel. and have the other language packs. if you untick language packs OSX doesnt install weird innit?. So no luck with any other DVD even Uphuck is worthless. > I dont mind updating in steps. I just dont know where to go any more I used to be on 10.4.7 thru the updates. Any suggestions helpful :whistle:. also its just a geforce440 well the mobile one sse2 chipset. so not that complicated