Upgrade to 10.4.10 from 10.4.8 directly?

maciekish

6 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have just set up 10.4.8 and its working perfectly. Im running the 8.8.1 kernel and tried to do the default 10.4.10 update which obviously failed because i didnt know u have to hack it a bit. So i reinstalled 10.4.8 (argh) and found this thread. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=54678

I intend to try this procedure tomorrrow BUT it says something about the 8.9.1 or something kernel. I believe thats part of the 10.4.9 update or am i wrong? Can i follow the instructions in that thread and keep the 8.8.1 kernel with 10.4.10? Will i loose anything by doing that?

EDIT: Please see second post below!!

Cheers

MS

Ok this is what i did:

I got the mach_kernel linked on IRC and i guess that is the "hacked" 10.4.10 kernel.

I backed up my entire Extensions folder.

I ran the 10.4.10 combined (intel) update.

Replaced mach_kernel with the downloaded one.

Overwrote Extensions folder with backed-up one.

Rebooted with -v option.

It chewed on the drive for a moment and told me something about arpdisk arpdrive or something like that not ready "we'll try again soon". After about 20 retries it said "Giving up on arpdisk" and rebooted. So im sitting here reinstalling 10.4.8 now and waiting for someone to help me!

really want to know that, I tried but failed. I am looking for the kext files used for overriding. Anybody can provide that? Please PM me, if it is not allowed to upload a zip file here. Thanks.