A way around the 512mb graphics problem?

12 posts in this topic

hey i have mac 10.4.8 JaS installed.. except when it goes to launch the video after installing it doesnt work.. at first i see everything on screen with all the black text etc.. loading everything, then it says loading the nvidia drivers.. and then something times out.. diskarb i think it was and then it goes to a black screen and my monitor turns off.

my system is made of an amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ AM2, Asus m2n-sli deluxe, 2gb kingston ddr2 ram 800mhz dual channel, 7.1 on board audio, a 19" screen and a 80gb IDe hdd. im pretty sure everything is working well except for the graphics. also if i dont do the safemode boot my kernel will panic.

any idea's?

You don't say which graphics card you have, also do you not have a 256 card you can try in your system first. Looks like you have an nvidia motherboard chipset and these can be a little more difficult than others to get going. Might be worth checking out if the system will boot properly first!

Drunknbass is correct, flashing is pretty straight forward, there is a how-to if you follow the rom repository link in my sig.

hey sorry i forgot that part :thumbsup_anim: . i have a nvidia geforce 7950GT 512mb. everything seems to boot alright until it gets to the part where it has to load the login window.. where nothing happens. yes my motherboard has a nvidia chipset, a nvidia 570 i think. what would happen if i flashed my graphics card? it will still be the same etc wont it?

ill look at ur sig for rom flashing lol. and no i dont have a 256mb pci-e graphics card :thumbsdown_anim:

i run a bfg 7950gt oc and it would go to a black screen till i flashed it, no way around it. it just wont work. flashing it took about 1 minute.. the harest part of flashing was setting up a usb stick to boot from. the flashing couldnt be easier and the card functions perfect and is the same in winndows. some people even benchmark higher scores in windows after the flash, and i dont know why

hmm i see.. how come u have to flash it for mac to work? i mean if eveyrthing is the same then.. :S

anywayz, would it be better to download a rom? or for me to send my rom to aqua-mac and get him to edit it? i just dont want to screw up my graphics card thats all lol :|

so what do you wreckon? :thumbsup_anim:

also does it matter what brand it is, coz i checked aqua-macs site and it doesnt have my brand.. mine is a pretty dodgy brand but yeah. it is a sparkel nvidia 7950GT 512mb hmmmm anywayz plz help :hysterical: i would definately prefer to run mac on my good comp then my old sh*t one :P. also would i need as different lan connection so that i can connect to the net? cause if it is a nvidia 570 then my net wont work :P

Just wanted to thank Aqua-Mac for the great on instructions on your site. I've been using a 256mb ATI X1600XT with my Hackintosh and it's been working great. Only problem (not really a problem) was that it was a replacement for my 512mb GeForce 7600GS with dual DVI. I could never get this card to be ci/qe compliant, thus the switch to the ATI card. After reading this thread and checking out Aqua-Mac's site, I decided to give this flash rom thing a try. Very pleasantly surprised. Used NVinject after flashing and it works like a charm in Windows and OSX86. I can use 2 monitors (although currently I need to use the vga adapter to connect the 2nd monitor) and that's pretty cool. Now the search is on for a 512mb card that I can use both DVIs to get the max out of my system. Thanks again for the advice.