The Compaq V2000 - Issues.

RET80

8 posts in this topic

So I have a compaq V2000 laptop sitting around the house and I decided to do the hackintosh project on it and put a mac OS X operating system on it.  The specs on this computer are as follows:

ATI chipset (unknown, did not look up)

AMD Turion 64 bit

768 mb of ram (128 shared for the video card)

Anyway as I get to installing it, it stops right after:

"AppleGenericPCATADriver: CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14"

then it stalls for a while and eventually prompts:

"Still waiting for root device."

So what could be the problem for this laptop? is there any way around it?  A friend gave me a CD a while back (maybe two months ago) and it is the OSx86 DVD - 10.4.8.

Thank you all so much!

Anyone? Sorry the curiosity is killing me =P.

I've heard issues if it was SATA it could cause problems and also if it was an ATI based bored or an nforce board it could also cause problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Try this:

http://marc88.blogspot.com/2007/03/osx86-i...x200-users.html

Make sure to read it carefully. It got a basic system up and running for me and from there I added drivers and such so now that I have a very fast 10.4.9 V2000 and all the hardware works with the exception of dual monitors. That includes wifi, ethernet, burner, 1280x768 video, audio, trackpad & keyboard, USB connected printer and scanner and ethernet laser printer. This one doesn't have the card readers nor bluetooth. I used an external drive connected via USB 2 and Vista64 along with VMWare to install to the drive, swapped the drive with that in the laptop (Vista) and viola, it works! Trying to install directly took hours and hours (and hours) and never worked.

My laptop has a Turion64 at 1.8 GHz, 2gb ram, 60 gb hard drive...nothing all that special. And drive is not SATA.

• 5 weeks later...
Try this:

http://marc88.blogspot.com/2007/03/osx86-i...x200-users.html

Make sure to read it carefully. It got a basic system up and running for me and from there I added drivers and such so now that I have a very fast 10.4.9 V2000 and all the hardware works with the exception of dual monitors. That includes wifi, ethernet, burner, 1280x768 video, audio, trackpad & keyboard, USB connected printer and scanner and ethernet laser printer. This one doesn't have the card readers nor bluetooth. I used an external drive connected via USB 2 and Vista64 along with VMWare to install to the drive, swapped the drive with that in the laptop (Vista) and viola, it works! Trying to install directly took hours and hours (and hours) and never worked.

My laptop has a Turion64 at 1.8 GHz, 2gb ram, 60 gb hard drive...nothing all that special. And drive is not SATA.

I have tried doing that and it takes about 30mins to boot native then crashes at the create your user account screen :D

if you can not retrieve your chipset number.. you are definitely LOST..... you should not try Hackintosh..... you could lose all your files...

let me save a lot of time... your machine is NOT fully compatible... it do not support hardware graphic acceleration... some programs require this...

somethimes, you will feel your effort useless..

sorry my english...

• 1 year later...