install 10.4.9 on new Compaq?

4 posts in this topic

I have done some searching on my chipset ATI SB600 and I think the Northbridge is RC400. It seems that the only thing people cant get to work is an SATA hard drive. Am I correct on this? So If I use a standard IDE hard drive then I should be o.k. right? Will I need to install any patches for this chipset? Any help would be appreciated.

First, this should be in the osx installation section, not hardware.

And yeah, alot of problems have happend with SATA drives, so you should atleast try it on IDE first and see if it works. It's really hard to tell since all you listed was your HDD type and motherboard.

Almost anything can cause it to not work. If you can, use an IDE and use it as a test drive, and see if you can install ok. Or better yet, try 10.4.6 since for some reason it works a lot better for me on different hardware types. And if that works, then update to .8 :D

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure where to post the question since I was talking about hardware but also installation. Sorry about that. All of my other hardware is compatible either with or without a patch. My processor is a Celeron D 3.3 ghz, video card is ati radeon xpress x1100, nic card is a realtek, hmmm the only thing I am not sure of at the moment is sound card. I will try to find a 10.4.6 ISO and then try installing and will report back. Thanks again!

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure where to post the question since I was talking about hardware but also installation. Sorry about that. All of my other hardware is compatible either with or without a patch. My processor is a Celeron D 3.3 ghz, video card is ati radeon xpress x1100, nic card is a realtek, hmmm the only thing I am not sure of at the moment is sound card. I will try to find a 10.4.6 ISO and then try installing and will report back. Thanks again!

Hmm, well it might not be what I said then. But, I have had a lot of problems with 10.4.8, but 10.4.6 has worked flawlessly. I have a perfect running 10.4.6 install but all I need is a wireless Airport card or USB WIFI adapter to get it working how I want.

There is a JaS 10.4.6 Install on pirates bay and the green demon.