Mail Version 2.1.1 (752.3) question

FBG

4 posts in this topic

I use Mail Version 2.1.1 (752.3) every so often without rhyme or reason (usually when I have something important that I want to keep a copy of but that is probably the reason I notice) the whole day's or part of the day's worth of email disappears from the in box, out box, other sundry files and trash and junk folder. It seems to start disappearing first while being sent so I find that emails I have sent have not been received after I realise that my mail has gone. Yesterday I sent an important email at 1:30 pm that wasn't received but the emails in my email inbox had not disappeared for that day until 11:20 pm. I ended up with only 3 emails in or out left in my folders from the whole of yesterday.

Has anyone else noticed this glitch in Mail? Do I have a virus? I know it isn't me accidentally deleting things because it would end up in the trash and it even disappears from there.

I have set up my server so that emails to me will stay there for a week but that doesn't save anything I send.

No way it could be a virus. At all.

I don't have a solution for your problem, but have you tried Thunderbird? I use it, and I've never had any trouble with it.

I have never heard of Thunderbird. I just emptied my inbox to start fresh and that really upset my mac. I hate these problems that just happen every now and again for no obvious reason. It is hard to tell when you have fixed them.

No way it could be a virus. At all.

I don't have a solution for your problem, but have you tried Thunderbird? I use it, and I've never had any trouble with it.