Rosetta and SSE3 Venice

6 posts in this topic

Alright, first of all, as this is my first post I would like to say hello to all of you. This website has been of great help and is awsome. I followed various guides and got OS X going. I deleted the AppleTPM file and it is running really smooth. As far as I am aware to run I tunes requiers rosetta and SSE3. I have that but it still refuses to run. Also, when I try to run the starcraft installer it says wrong architecture. This leads me to belive that rosetta is not functioning even if I have SSE3. Should I just apply the patch or is there another way to fix it? Thanks for the help.

Alright, first of all, as this is my first post I would like to say hello to all of you. This website has been of great help and is awsome. I followed various guides and got OS X going. I deleted the AppleTPM file and it is running really smooth. As far as I am aware to run I tunes requiers rosetta and SSE3. I have that but it still refuses to run. Also, when I try to run the starcraft installer it says wrong architecture. This leads me to belive that rosetta is not functioning even if I have SSE3. Should I just apply the patch or is there another way to fix it? Thanks for the help.

starcraft installer works for me.... maybe you havent patched sse3 correctly? If you really have a sse3 processor you need to unpatch coregraphics back to the original from the dev cd. The file is online somewhere too :P.... if you have sse2 you can apply maxxuss sse3 to sse2 patches......

I did everything from the tiger-x86-flat.img,    is that patched for SSE2 by default? So how do I go about reverting it to work with SSE3?

I just replace the coregraphix folder with the one from the dev DVD and everything worked like butter. Except the starcraft cd... but I thinl that something is wrong with the cd, cause warcraft worked. Thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...