Realtek ALC882

XpLoiT

8 posts in this topic

;)

i think i have gone through insane and back again in the last week. I have an Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe mobo. I have tried the suggested fix here and here. Both of which have not worked.

I had ran 10.4.8 without an issue with my sound but as soon as running 10.4.9 uphuck, it hasnt worked.

If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas much appreciated would be happy to hear it. I really dont want to downgrade to 10.4.8 but without sound i dont really have a choice.

Many thanks

Hi I got the same board as you do, with sound working :thumbsup_anim: only tried LineOut and Optical out so far, and both work.

Install the ALC882 AppleHDA v0.4b.mpkg from Taruga's tread, then modify the following files Link to post:

I found the IDs I needed and replaced pci8086,27D8 in ALCInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist with pci10B9,5461 as well as the IOPrimaryMatch from 0x00008086;0x0000FFFF whatever to 0x000010B9;0x0000FFFF. I also changed in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist the 0x27D88086 to 0x546110B9. I now have working audio output, and all the inputs and outputs show up in the sound preferences. I don't have a SPDIF amp available at the moment, so I can't try that. The audio input shows input levels from my tivo system, but I'm not getting any output from it. Also, I don't have the option to change to multispeaker output in the MIDI settings.

Hi I got the same board as you do, with sound working :rolleyes: only tried LineOut and Optical out so far, and both work.

Install the ALC882 AppleHDA v0.4b.mpkg from Taruga's tread, then modify the following files Link to post:

ty for this! :thumbsup_anim: i will be trying VERY soon! :thumbsup_anim: just need to get home :thumbsup_anim: ty will post my results

;) it hasnt worked, more than happy to show the files that i have modified. The only difference is that within ALCInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist i dont have a IOPrimaryMatch tag, i only have <key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>ALCinject</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.max.ALCinject</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>ALCinject</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0.0d1</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>ALCinject</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.max.ALCinject</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>com_max_ALCinject</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<array>
		<string>pci8086,269a</string>
		<string>pci10B9,5461</string>
		<string>pci8086,284b</string>
		</array>
		<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
		<string>0x000010B9;0x0000ffff</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>entriesToAdd</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PinConfigurations</key>
			<data>

</data>
			<key>layout-id</key>
			<data>
			DAAAAA==
			</data>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
	<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
	<string>1.0.0b1</string>
	<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>
	<string>6.0</string>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i wonder if this is fkn it up :(

incase anyone asks, yes, i remove azallia and i reset permissions, and removed the extenions caches

Nice to hear they are working :rolleyes:

I never tried much with usb, since I had that pci-card laying around from start, but I installed that driver you linked and now I got a silly amout of usb 2.0 ports, thanks ! :D