Instalation problem,Please help

dyesober

6 posts in this topic

In the Darwin boot loader when it asks if you want to load mac os x

and then you type in -v for the long page of things, and will tell you if there are any errors

Well when i do it i goes threw like 5 things and then restarts my computer.

I have no idea what the problem is, and havent been able to find it

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 ghz

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 7600 gs/512 gddr2

MotherBoard: Jetway 775gt2-log

Memory: A-data 2x1gb ddr2-667 overclocked to 800

Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 500gb/7200 rpm

Any help is Greatly Appreciated, Thanks

If you can find the error, that'll help.

Try single user mode. You might find the error in the logs. Other than the overclock, the only questionable component is the motherboard, so research it's compatibility. Try repairing permissions from single user mode as well.

Hey, my 200th post. Yay for me. Hopefully it's useful.

that could verywell be an ACPI issue... what version are you using (including creator)?

when you get to the boot command prompt, type platform=X86PC -v, and if that doesn't work, add -x to the equation to try a safe-mode boot... if platform=X86PC doesn't fix it, then you probably installed an inappropriate kext (only install what u NEED on a hacked copy of OS X)... if it does fix it, i can help you integrate it into your system (see this post for more info). PM me if u need anything!

How do i do the the single user mode or w.e

OO and also im useing jas 10.4.7

Im also running windows vista as my main OS,and im useing the new acronis os selector

I tried putting platform=x86-v and then -x, but the darwin loader got to say starting, and then the computer restarted

Do you think that i should use a newer jas boot disk, or what

Thanks for the help, mucho appreciated

you can get into the single-user mode (basically terminal) by typeing -s at startup along with the other stuff above (my apologies for not including it). i'm using 10.4.8 w/ .9 upgrade and it works fine... you need to be sure that you have no extra kexts/options in your installation or else it will force the kernel into a panic and tell you to restart...

does it restart ur pc w/o a message or does it show up w/ an icon that is overlayed over some 'kernel panic' text... anything you can give will help.

you may have to reinstall using only the required kexts (skipping graphics cards, etc. - this is what i had to do). however, if you type this string 'platform=x86pc -x -v' it should boot; if not you can try (most likely unsuccessfully) to load the terminal using 'platform=x86pc -x -v -s'

lemme know if i can do anything to help.

check out this post and lemme know if it sounds familiar (is this what ur going thru?) sounds close except u have no video driver troubles that you know of...

I havent even installed mac on my computer yet

i try to install it, but when it asks to if i want to boot the darwin boot loader,it makes my computer restart

and it doesnt show and icons or anything, it just says starting darwin boot loader and restarts, im downloading the jas 10.4.9 cd right now

ima try that to see if it makes a difference