[No longer buying] 15" Core Duo Macbook Pro

AWhiteFlame

6 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I'm looking to buy a 15" MBP that's C2D. I'm in high school, and I'm trying to manage getting a car, paying for insurance, and getting an MBP. (Yeesh.)

The reason being is that I've been developing with C/C++ since I was pretty young (first started on VC++ using MFC and the like just before the turn of the century), and I really want to start working with Objective-C and Cocoa. C2D is important because I would like to have available to me the 64-bit nature of Leopard, and having a MBP over a MB is important as I would like to have a somewhat decent GPU at my dispense if I ever need CoreAnimation or if I do any work with OpenGL. Right now, a friend and I are working on an open-source BitTorrent client, and I'm pretty eager to see if I can start building the OS X GUI for it.

I used to play around with XCode on my Powerbook G4 Ti @ 500 MHz, but the logic board seems to be fried and won't turn on. The battery was also dead, fans were extremely loud, the AirPort card no longer worked and the LCD backlight only worked if it were open at one particular angle.

In any case, I was wondering if anyone were willing to sell for <$1000ish. Even at that, I'm not sure if it is feasible for me right now, but seeing if I would even be able to get one at this price would be the first step in finding out if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, thinking about it again, I realised that Core 2 Duo really isn't imperative because I can cross-compile 64-bit binaries with a 32-bit processor.

So does anyone have an MBP that they'd be willing to sell in this range? PM me if interested.

Thanks a bunch. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tonjesml

Heya I am looking to sell my Macbook Pro 15" Glossy Widescreen.

It has 120Gb drive space, 2.16 Ghz and 1GB memory.

I am also throwing in an extra Macbook Pro Battery, the original installation discs and documentation and a copy of Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for $1800.00.

Let me know if you are interested.