Using chain0.. Help..

6 posts in this topic

ok i installed chain0 to my c:\ directory fine and edited my boot.ini file to show Windows XP and OS X

it auto loads xp just like i want it however when i select os x the only way i can get it to boot is if i spam f8 or edit the darwin time out so i can select os x again from there..

ive done research and i found that darwin auto boots the active partition and of course my xp one is active.. or else chain0 wouldnt work..(am i right about that?)

however i did read that if i go to the com.apple.Boot.plist and add

<key>Kernel Tags</key>
<string>rd=disk0s4</string>

(i only have one hd and os x in installed on the 4th partition.. ive checked..)

it will auto load the partition you choose in that line of code.. however it isnt working.. still loads my xp (active) partition..

help?

thanks

please? anybody?

i searched the formes many times and still havnt found the answer...

also is there a good gui boot manager.. possibly besides acronis.. that will work?

ive tried gag and win xp works but no matter what i try.. i cant get os x to boot from it.. hfs+ partition errors... even if the os x partition is active..

• 2 weeks later...

When I had XP what i did is, when pc boots up after post, pc just hangs for about 5 secs checking 4 cd in drive, during that time, i pressed down,enter,f8 at my own speed and ten after blinking, darwin bootloader pops op.

Now |I have Vista and chain0 aint workin 4 me, i press f8 and nothin happens,

Jccool