VM Ware Fusion gives me the "you must restart your computer" gray message..

Grav3Mind

6 posts in this topic

No matter what i do it crashes and makes me restart when i try and install VMWare Fusion. im running 10.4.8 and ive tried upgrading to 10.4.9...that time when i tried to install it toally screwed my whole install and i had to reformat. HELP! i seem to be the only one with this problem :D

ur not the one with it, just hold down the f8 key on ur keyboard, then in promt type (darwin bootloader) "-x -v" without quotes, to enter the safemode and look through the process to determine the problems with boot. If osx boot up, then just delete the fusion from ur machine.

ur not the one with it, just hold down the f8 key on ur keyboard, then in promt type (darwin bootloader) "-x -v" without quotes, to enter the safemode and look through the process to determine the problems with boot. If osx boot up, then just delete the fusion from ur machine.

well i was able to get back into osx...can anyone tell me how to fix this problem so that i can install and use vmware fusion?

Use Pacifist to install. That worket for me.

would that make a difference??

**EDIT**

well i installed with pacifist....but the registration serial refuses to be accepted by Vmware Fusion...i mean its the one i got off the site!! now what do i do!?