Acer Travelmate 8104 WLMi

smithy298

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all of you. I'm new here and currently interested in finding out if anyone has successfully installed Mac OSx 10.4.8 onto an Acer TravelMate 8104 WLMi laptop. I've been searching around this forum for quite some time but couldn't find any related to this. So, i hope someone here will be able to guide me along and as much as possible help others who are interested in installing Mac OSx into this machine as well. Thanks in advance and hope you have a great day. :P

Acer Travelmate 8104 WLMi Specifications:

- Intel Pentium M (Dothan) 760 Processor

( 2.0 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache)

- Mobile Intel 915PM Express

- 15.4 WSXGA+ TFT LCD

- PCI-E ATI Mobility Radeon X700 with 128MB

- 80 GB HDD

- DVD - Super Multi double layer

(supports DVD + R Double Layer / DVD +/- RW)

- 1 GB DDR2 533

(Support dual channel)

- 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN

- Bluetooth

- Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG

I have, but the x700 WILL NOT work correctly with the native widescreen resolution, and the wireless doesn't work either.

I used to run it dual-boot using acronis at 1400x1050 which gave it a slightly stretched look - not ideal.

Recently I've lost interest in OSX Tiger on PC - far too much time spent trying to knock the kinks out of what should/would 'just work'!

I'm waiting for Leopard and for Apple to finally bring out a normal core2duo tower 'mac'! I hope!

That's interesting, newtrax. Thanks for sharing. But which image did you use to install? I tried using an image before but it keeps on showing me the 'SAM Multimedia' error. Wonder if you had the same error or not. I don't really mind the resolution problem because i'm doing this for personal learning. I wanted to know more about the functions of the different OSes. Hope you will be able to assist me in installing it. Thanks and have a great day. :censored2:

• 5 months later...