Continous reboot cycle after installation at loading screen

tinko12

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my osx86, it all installed fine but after the reboot (right after installation) i get to the apple loading screen, an alert box comes down asking me to restart in a few different languages, i restart then it comes up again in a continuous cycle, anyone know a solution to this problem?

I'm running the JaS 10.4.8 release, on fully supported hardware (according to the wiki)

Kind regards,

tinko

man, I have the same problem, I've some some posts on insanely mac (try to search for "Restart Your Computer Error" posted by boinkytwo), this was referring to a problem with nvidia cards. The solution didn't work for me, but when the computer first started I pressed F8 and start the os with "-x -v" options, I think that forces the os to start even with compatibility issues. It actually started successfully but I'm still having some trouble with devices

actually the "-x" switch start mac os in safe mode

one more update, when the mac logged in in safe mode, I realized that it didn't recognize the integrated audio and network, so I disabled them in the bios. After that the operating system booted without -x, I also disabled the i-lock feature in my gigabyte motherboard. may be some of your integrated peripherals are not compatible, try to diable them and see what happens

• 3 weeks later...