Please - NEED Help - Installed non working graphics driver.

darthosx86

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I almost got everything on my hackintosh working....only thing dual display on a X1950XTX (Asus EAX1950XTX), so i tried the Jccol driver, which solved the dual display problem, but at the same time made my fan on the graphic card go to 100% CONSTANTLY. So I tried the Natit driver, didn't remove the old ones (don't know if this i nessary, and don't know how to do that anyways). I reboot, get pass the grey apple logo screen - Goes into the blue screen and that is where nothing happens. I don't get to the loading MAc osx 10.4 thing and no login screen.

Ok can anybody help me, is there any way to revert to my old graphics driver ? Or just overwrite or maybe a command to make my graphics driver go to a default setting or just anything that make me able to get control over my computer again? I am able to get to the Darwin prompt, so I can move through the system with the unix/text based interface - maby there is some file i can delete so that my computer will startup ???????

I tried single user mode - didn't do anything.

something similar happened to me, my os just froze after loading after i installed some gfx driver ... the only thing i could do (and possibly the only thing YOU can do) was to reinstall my osx (JaS 10.4.8) ... I only reinstalled the Base System and selected the right package for my CPU. The apps and data stayed untouched, but i had to get all my hardware to work again.