4 GHz Core 2 Duo problem

rnx69

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

The system is working very fine, recognized my Broadcom wifi as AirPort, got the Sigmatel sound working, it even sleeps after new kernel, but on little thing annoys me. If I open About this Mac window, then it says, that I have 4 GHz Core 2 Duo (Core 2 Solo if using sleeping kernel) installed. Although, it recognizes my memory and bus speeds just fine. I tried to boot with correct kernel fsb flag, but it seems to do nothing noticeable. Just curious if anybody have experienced the same weird problem and maybe have found some fix for it. The processor itself is E6600 2,4 GHz unclocked.

• 2 months later...

This is a cosmetic thing. You may be able to solve it by installing loginwindow 10.4.4, but that could mess up other things that are working okay. If you really want to change what it says in About This Mac, it's not the appleSMBIOS that you edit, it a file called aboutthismac.strings. I'm not on my mac right not, but if you do a google for the above file, I'm sure you'll find the specifics about editing this file.