Parallels 3 broke VMWare Mouse

3 posts in this topic

I decided to try out Parallels version 3 to see how it worked. Since I couldn't get a single DirectX thing to work (yes I had the box checked), and upon closing the VM, Parallels set both screens to a resolution of 320x240, with the menu bar and dock both off the screen, I decided to go back to VMWare. Well now the mouse doesn't work in VMWare, and I can't figure out how to fix it. When I click in the screen, the pointer jumps right to where I clicked, but after that, I can't move it or click. The keyboard still works though.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this: Uninstall the mouse driver the reboot , if does not work update the mouse driver with the Parallels', or uninstall the mouse driver and the run/mount the Parallels tools installation.

I'm able to get around this problem if I am quick enough to select the normal XP boot instead of Parallels, but now that I want to uninstall Parallels tools, I can't. Parallels now decides to make my computer KP (plus the trial has expired anyway), and if I try to run the uninstaller within Windows when in VMWare or just booting into Windows, it says I can't uninstall it unless I boot using Parallels. argh