Post Install upgrade to GF5200 AGP missing files?

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone. This is a long story, so bear with me.

I have this graphics card, and everything seemed okay, CI/QE are both listed as supported, I get the ripple and cube effects, etc. However-

I got in the mood to play the UT2400 Demo, and noticed it ran very slow.

Since I upgraded to this card post-installation, I assumed I might be using non-accelerated OpenGL. I hosed a kext or two trying to "improve" things. No big deal, I restored the system back where it was at. Anyway, I installed a seperate Jas 10.4.8 on an external drive (to get original copies of files for reference) and I noticed that there were several bundles that were installed there that were never installed on my previous working installation. These arelocated in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/versions/A/Resources. Examples include:

GLDriver.bundle

GlEngine.bundle

GLRasterRGB Bundles (several flavors, looks like 16 and 32 bit color?)

GLRendererFloat.bundle (I assume this is a floating point library for opengl?)

and a plist.

In addition, the /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/versions/A/Libraries folder contains several libGL* libraries.

None of these were created in my original install.

So...I assume these are the Nvidia accelerated OpenGL libraries, but how do I install them now? Would they help? I copied them over and changed the permissions, but UT2004 still seems jerky and slow.

Could this also be because it's using PCI instead of AGP? Is their some other step I need to do to get this working post install?

Thanks, Chris

P.S. This is a 2.79 Dual-core Intel system with SSE3 support.