Ways to use Mac Pro 8 core with Quadro 4600 in OS X?

kite

3 posts in this topic

I know this is close to other topics already posted - but the Quadro-card does not use the same driver as the GF-cards.

I have tried a Fire GL 3100 in my 3Ghz 8 core Mac Pro, but OS X does not like that card, and its way to slow for my needs.

Is there any chance a Quardo 4600 will work now with some help the drivers for the 8600 and/or the Quadro 4500? :rolleyes:

I have found some "cheap" 4600 on ebay, and would love to have a decent workstation-card in my MP.

Initially I were looking for a 8800 GTX, but since they don't have the "pro" features its degraded to the second option right now, even though the problems with that one seems to be the same, no OS X drivers.

Being my work-computer, the MP running windows most of the time, but it will be very sad not to be able to use this power beast in OS X at all.

Any tips or ideas for a solution is badly wanted. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have no programming skills what so ever, so I'm just hoping someone will find it interesting to write such drivers and that the result will be shared :(

I can manually remove a 4600 out of the MP every time I need OS X, but it's a bit sad not to be able to use it in both systems.