Titan, Natit and NvidiaEfi seem to cause audio stuttering.

en_fr_bowman

9 posts in this topic

I've suffered stuttering audio problems since I've installed 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 even on a USB sound card (edirol UA-25).

Yesterday I decided to remove NvidiaEFI just to test if video driver could be the cause of stuttering and voilà no more audio stuttering.... no pops no cracks, GarageBand is perfect and so on....

Installed Titan just to be able to change resolution and have Qe/ci and audio stuttering reappeared.

So it seems there is a relationship between video drivers and audio stuttering... maybe Acceleration is the problem?

Anyway now I have to choose: video acceleration and right resolution or perfect Audio... anyone has an idea to fix this?

thank you in advance

EDIT

now I have 10.4.9 installed with latest kernel so I exclude a problem of FSB (with latest kernels that parameter is set automatically)

uhm... so it seems that I'am the only one in this situation.

Anyway, using internal audiocard with Azalia driver I have no stuttering , no pops and no clicks, sound is perfect (but comes out just from internal speakers).

So maybe the problem is in the USB ?

sarahbau, so you have stuttering since you installed Natit... maybe we should investigate on that side.

have you tried to remove Natit and see if stuttering disappears?

p.s. obiouvsly I don't want to blame anyone, maximum respect to the authors of Natit, Titan and NvidiaEfi because they allowed me to use osx in a beautiful way on my notebook.

sarahbau, so you have stuttering since you installed Natit... maybe we should investigate on that side.

have you tried to remove Natit and see if stuttering disappears?

p.s. obiouvsly I don't want to blame anyone, maximum respect to the authors of Natit, Titan and NvidiaEfi because they allowed me to use osx in a beautiful way on my notebook.

I haven't really looked too much into the issue, since audio is fine in iTunes, and the issue only seems to come up in VLC. Pretty much the only things I play in VLC are things I play on my other computer anyway (it's hooked to the TV).

yes, I think we have different issues. I have problems only with the combination of USB audio card and Natit.

When I listen to music with internal audio card the problem doesn't occur and when I remove Natit the problem doesn't occur.

yes, I think we have different issues. I have problems only with the combination of USB audio card and Natit.

When I listen to music with internal audio card the problem doesn't occur and when I remove Natit the problem doesn't occur.

It could still be the same problem, just to a lesser extent. I have a USB audio card as well (Creative XMod).

oh... the fact that you have an external audio card is an important clue.

maybe the issue is the same but you suffer less problems because your pc specs are far more powerful than mine.

hope someone could give us some hints to try resolve this strange issue.