Mac 10.4.8 JaS - Vista x64 dual boot

Mariussx

9 posts in this topic

I created a new topic about my problem, cause the old one (Mac can't format HDD) was solved. Now I install Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2] and everything goes ok (installed only Intel SSE2 SSE3 kernel (it didn't let to choose which one of them), but when Mac reboots my PC, it just loads Vista.

I have 3 partitions on my Sata HDD: primary NTFS for Vista x64, Big one NTFS for all my stuff and a little HFS+ for Mac. Using Acronic OS Selector as my bootmanager. It just don't see any OS on Mac partition (tried to discover manualy as on bootable partition) and boots into Vista. I tried to boot up Mac DVD and through the Disk Utility or similar (don't remember exactly now) set Boot from Mac OS X 10.4.8 HDD (there was boot form DVD with the same name & boot from folder, which I selected) - no changes... Vista still is the only one available OS to boot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hardware specs:

BIOS : Phoenix Award Modular v6.00PG

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 F2 BIOS (updated from F1)

CPU : Pentium 4 3.0Ghz EM64T HT OC @3.7Ghz MMX SSE2 SSE3

RAM : 2GB (A-Data 1Gb 667Mhz and Apacer 1Gb 667Mhz) dual channel interleaved

GPU : Gigabyte 7300GT 256Mb 128bit

HDD : 250Gb Sata2

Sound: Creative SB Audigy SE 7.1 and 7.1 onboard (Ceative I know wouldn't work)

coolquasar, I tried to detect manualy, but didn't choose to make Mac primary partition, cause it said, it would change my drives letters... And I'm afraid I'm not be able to boot any OS then... As OS selector is installed on C:\ with Vista. There did you install OS selector? BTW, I heard somewhere that it can be installed on let's say 100MB separate partition, don't know if it's true and for what reason should I do that.

coolquasar, I tried to detect manualy, but didn't choose to make Mac primary partition, cause it said, it would change my drives letters... And I'm afraid I'm not be able to boot any OS then... As OS selector is installed on C:\ with Vista. There did you install OS selector? BTW, I heard somewhere that it can be installed on let's say 100MB separate partition, don't know if it's true and for what reason should I do that.

I'm not using Vista at the moment, but I am triple booting with ubuntu and winxp. The warning about changing drive letters probably won't effect your vista setup as I doubt it will see your osx partition as a drive. At least it doesn't on winxp. And even if it did, you can simply go into my computer>disk management and change your drive letters back to what you want. I believe osx has to be installed on a primary partition in order to select os.

It is installed on a primary partition. :) No, I don't see Mac OS X partition under Vista as it's HFS+. Ok, so now I'll try to make it active partition, and do not get the unbootable PC :) If it doen't work, your help would be needed one more time... Thank you very much for helping me :star_smile:

Download this program call EasyBCD. There's a option let you insert a Mac OS X boot entry to your windows bootloader. Restart the PC and boot in to Mac! Good Luck!

But I have Acronis OS Selector, which is bootloader... Ok, so should I deactivate Acronis OS Selector if I want to use the Vista's original modified with that program bootloader? Donwloaded and installed the program already, just don't know if I can use both Acronis and Vista bootloaders in case one don't work correctly. Thanx for advise anyway. :wallbash:

The mothod with defaut Vista bootloader modification doesn't work, still boots only Vista. These are my settings:

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the Vista Bootloader.

Bootloader TimeOut: 30 seconds.

Default OS: Microsoft Windows Vista

Entry #1

Name: Microsoft Windows Vista

BCD ID: {current}

Drive: C:\

Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Windows Directory: \Windows

Entry #2

Name: NST Mac OS X

BCD ID: {79ebdb2a-1aa6-11dc-bf13-005056c00008}

Drive: \Device\HarddiskVolume3\

Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr

Though I noticed, when added Mac OS X in EasyBCD, that it says Mac OS X is on C:\ partition, but it was on other (without letter) partition, while Vista was on C:\. I then changed that not labbeled partition's labbel to G:\ with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 and then in EasyBCD (in "Configure boot") changed partition where it thought was Mac OS X to G:\ (was C:\) Still doesn't boot Mac, only Vista.