Driver for Intel Extreme Graphics on Board (Dell Optiplex GX270)

14 posts in this topic

hi,

i´m happy that i got my macosx running on the Dell Optiplex GX270 with the following configuration:

• Intel® Pentium® IV- 3000MHz
  • 512MB DDR
  • 40GB IDE-HDD
  • DVD-ROM Drive
  • Intel i865G Chipset
  • Sound AC'97 (Line-In, Line-Out, Mikrofon)
  • 3D Graphicschip Intel Extreme Graphics on Board
  • 10/100/1000MBit Intel 8254XT P10/1000 MT LAN on Board

But there´s at least one problem: The display resolution´s set to 1024x768 and there are no other resolutions to choose. To me this seems to be a driver problem, but i don´t know where to get drivers for this intel graphicscard on board. Can you give me a hint?

Thanks,

tabster

Your graphic chip is an 855GME or similar. You can maybe get a higher resolution by holding F8 while booting and giving the command

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"

This may work, may not. There is no hope for QE/CI/OpenGL on your card, except on OSX 10.4.1. There is no current driver and neither is one being developed.

Hey, this works well! Is there a way to write this anywhere on the HDD for not having to type this every boot?

Next weekend I´ll get the "PCIe MSI GeForce NX7600GS-T2D256EH 256MB". This is a dualhead graphics card (for using two monitors). Will this one work without installing a driver or typing this command?

Okay, i found the file and tried to edit it with TextEdit, but when closing TextEdit and I say to save the file, there occurs the following message:

The file "com.apple.Boot.plist" is read-only. Do you want to try to overwrite ist?

Then I say yes and get an error like

the file "com.apple.Boot.plist" could not by saved in the directory "SystemConfiguration"

Maybe I should become an Administrator/root? But how to do this? There´s only one user configured on that Mac.

now I got it. I found the terminal and edited file file with

sudo nano <filename>

Now it runs with 1280x1024 out of the box - thanks.

Later on I´ll try to use my GeForce Ti 4200 dual head graphics card for using two monitors. But by now I´m happy with this solution.

• 2 months later...

I recently installed 10.4.8 on my GX270 and it works like a charm. The sucker boots in about 20 seconds. I am getting a Low-Profile Nivida 6200 card so i can hook this suckah up to my HDTV for a HTPC.

I don't know if the powersupply (180 some watts) can run a 6200, but I guess I'll find out! :angel:

I'll post my results here.

Okay, i found the file and tried to edit it with TextEdit, but when closing TextEdit and I say to save the file, there occurs the following message:

Then I say yes and get an error like

Maybe I should become an Administrator/root? But how to do this? There´s only one user configured on that Mac.

The best way to edit the boot.plist file is to drag it from it's location to the desktop, edit and save (with Text Edit) it there, then drag it back to its original location. That gets around all of the system file protection junk.

Hello!

"HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How to install driver for HP dv1000(dv1156cl), Chipset 855, i downloaded more of 100 files and don't work.

i created a hosting for this project files in

I need the "AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext" and drivers for my video card.

If your have any idea or file upload please to:

Thaks to all!

• 2 months later...