Display unable to sleep

4 posts in this topic

Everything is working pretty well on my Thinkpad R50e, except that my display is unable to sleep. The display never goes blank or black, and the LCD backlight never turns off either. I have it set in the Energy Saver control panel so that after a certain time of inactivity, the display should go to sleep. What it does instead is that whatever is on the screen will freeze so that nothing on the screen updates (like the clock freezes), but the display won't turn blank/black. A possibly related problem is that when trying to put my laptop to sleep, the display does the same thing. It'll freezee, and the mouse cursor disappears. I'm not sure if this is a power management issue, or an issue with the driver for my graphics card, which is an Intel Extreme Graphics 2 855GM.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for getting in between but I have exact problem on my compaq presario notebook - v2136.

I know sleep works, since I can hear some action with hdd spindle, it will go off in seconds but my screen keeps staring at me like nothing happened.

TIA

• 4 months later...