My Laptop's Keyboard/Touchpad Both Work! (one quick fix)

4 posts in this topic

Hey all OSx86 dudes, dudettes: I FINALLY got my onboard laptop (gateway mx6214) keyboard and touchpad up and running! It was only one minor change in the ApplePS2Controller driver settings.

Here's what you need to do if you were like me:

1. Delete ApplePS2Mouse under ApplePS2Controller if you're using a laptop.

2. Go into ApplePS2Controller/ApplePS2Trackpad/Contents/Info.plist and edit the probe number to be "1000" instead of anything else you might have there.

3. In terminal, kextunload ApplePS2Controller and kextload ApplePS2Controller, and viola, you have keyboard/touchpad working!!!

Hope that helps another straggler like me. It took at least 1 whole year for me to literally get this thing finally up and running, too.

Tom A.

:thumbsup_anim:

• 1 month later...

Actually, nevermind everything I just said earlier

I CAN get the onboard keyboard/trackpad to work if I change the Info.plist file under appleps2trackpad extension and unload and load the ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Trackpad and ApplePS2Keyboard extensions a bunch of times.

It seems to be a random thing, or intermittent. Can someone think of a way to make it work every time I boot????

Tom

• 1 year later...
Actually, nevermind everything I just said earlier

I CAN get the onboard keyboard/trackpad to work if I change the Info.plist file under appleps2trackpad extension and unload and load the ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Trackpad and ApplePS2Keyboard extensions a bunch of times.

It seems to be a random thing, or intermittent. Can someone think of a way to make it work every time I boot????

Tom

Ok so i have an hp 550 laptop and i have the same problem neither the keyboard or trackpad will work, i wanted to try what you did and i cant even find the ApplePS2Controller or anything any solutions?