how to vanish a file ?

mobyte

11 posts in this topic

hi, i have succesfuly update to 10.4.9 and i have the mach kernel file visible on the root disk.

i would like to vanished it for secure... i know that added a point before the name do the trick.. but it's safe to do that with the machkernel file?

sorry, i don't understand how to do...

i have copy the app on desktop, double clic that launch terminal..

terminal say:Users/momo/Desktop/make_invisible/Start.tool; exit

Welcome to Darwin!

unknown-00-00-:~ momo$ /Users/momo/Desktop/make_invisible/Start.tool; exit

ruby: No such file or directory -- /Users/Frank/Desktop/make_invisible/try (LoadError)

logout

the problem is that i need vanish the Mach Kernel file but i must let it in place.. under root..

yes, i do understand what u want, u don't have the latest mac os patch form apple, with latest one comes the ruby. Ok, just download rubycocoa from here, install it (ruby cocoa- its a programming language) and run the program u wish to download at the bottom, cause previous works, but i changed some stuff. i keep it for myself- its more easy to use, then always do the same stuff...

rubycocoa- http://www.soft32.com/download/63-187037/R....4universal.dmg

P.S. download the new, updated version. Maybe i should make a GUI for it- ok then latter ill do. for now, download the newest version (drag the FapsDev icon to DropBox in the DMG file, provided here)- see the uploaded file. ITS STRONGLY recomended to use the new one- cause previous one isn't totally awesome!

FapsDevInMakerConsole.dmg

euhh..;sorry understand nothing of that... latest mac os patch from apple ??? what is ??

i think forget this problem.. i push the kernel file in bottom of the window and make carreful to not delete it.

i have past a lot of time to get my osx86 work..i want no to compromise..

thank you anyway

Guest Ramm

Adding a period will work fine, because, in the system, the filename is still mach_kernel. Adding the period just makes it hidden, and then the period is removed, but it remains hidden.

ok, i try that easy cool simply way :thumbsup_anim:

that the idea i have but when i turn all visible, the normally hidden file have no period before it's name... thats why i have no try.

thank you Ramm and Agurchik ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

you know, it never ceases to amaze me how many people come to the forum to ask how to do something, then find a way and don't share the solution ;)

Please post your solution for the rest of us to read over - we way not all need it, but there are probably some who do!

thanks!

you know, it never ceases to amaze me how many people come to the forum to ask how to do something, then find a way and don't share the solution :D

Please post your solution for the rest of us to read over - we way not all need it, but there are probably some who do!

thanks!

ok, you wright: i use xray for vanish the mach kernel :(

first make a copy of the mach kernel if something goes wrong...

open xray, drag the mach kernel on xray windows and chek invisible button then save under file menu..that's all :)

xray link: http://www.brockerhoff.net/xray/

clic on download

hope that help