miniPCI Express and PCMCIA slots not working for wireless

Beakster

1 post in this topic

Yo,

Got OS X 10.4.9 (Jas) installed on my Fujitsu Siemens S7110. I'm very happy with it, both cores are working, QE & CI is working, sound is working. :thumbsup_anim:

Problem is wireless though. The laptop came with the intel 3945 card in the miniPCI Express Slot. As this card isn't fully supported, the first thing I did was to replace it with a Dell Truemobile 1390 / DW1390. This card show's up fine under Linux using lspci. I went through the forum and did everything I could to try and get it to work. The kext contains the correct VID and PID so it should just be detected as an Airport Card.

I also tried a supported Netgear PCMCIA card and had no luck with this either. After some more searching off the forum I came across this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=333315 where the author says "

PCI bus stops enumerating when it gets to port 3 (empty) Wifi is on Port 5 and the O2Micro devices (SD and CB) are on Port 8. We don't know what the problem is yet although the source code of the PCI driver is available and being studied."

The hardware they are using seems to be similar to mine so I assume I have the same problem. How can I confirm this? If this is the problem, is there any solution?

Thanks

-Chris