Update to DaemonES kernel source.

Guest BuildSmart

28 posts in this topic

I can understand the feeling, I've been sitting back waiting to see what develops and it looks like you can't count on people to provide the information they promise.

In the next month or two I'll be releasing a temporary solution to the no-patch kernel to help those interested in getting further ahead and I'll release my sse3 emu source as soon as some of those claimed fixes become available (if they ever do) however, I'm reluctant to share anything with a community that isn't willing to share with me and as the current kernel dev group is known for claiming others work as their own it's even more critical that everything be open and available to prevent this kind of behavior from destroying the concept of open development.

Well,

It is not all that hard to edit the OSInstall.mpkg on tiger. just rename it to OSInstall, it will become a folder. Then just

open the OSInstall.dist file in BBEdit and edit it save it and rename the OSInstall folder to OSInstall.mpkg.

It is as easy as that.

On Leopard all that you have to do is run xar -xrvf OSInstall.mpkg.

Then open the Distribution file and edit it in BBEdit save it and then run,

xar -crvf OSInstall.mpkg.

Do that in the folder that was made by the extraction.

Then that is it.

I'm not sure if that is what you wanted Dense, but I hope that it will work for you.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for interupting your little war over here.

I'm trying to find a way to fix a kernel of 10.4.8 (nebukadnezar or something like that I guess) in order to make it run correctly on asus eeePC. There is something wrong with the timings. So would you so kind to give me a hint where I can get a compiler for those sources. And where I can get the sse3 emulator diff? Any hints appreciated! Thank you!