Stuck at apple with spinning gear

Haxor

10 posts in this topic

Ok so I have gone and install the mac os x after installing Acronis director suite, and when it is booting up it gets to the apple and the spinning gear. Then after a few seconds I get a small circle appear with a line through it. I have tried reinstalling it 5 times and get the same screen. Any ideas? I have tried disabling smart in my bios but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Haxor, describe your problem a bit in detail. Which distro are you use. Describe you specs. Try to boot with -v. What you see in log? Still wating for root device? When you know that's your problem, use search, or post details here.

it is a Pentium 4 with 512MB memory. The version is

Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS).

Now when you say boot using -v do you mean go to the bootup options off when you put the install disk in?

Ok I got Verbose mode to work and it is hanging on

<dict ID="0">IOProviderClass</key><String ID="1">IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

then after it just says

Still waiting for root device

ok thanks for the help. I have made it past there but now am stuck on the blue screen. I tried using safeboot and single user mode, but nothing works. I have also looked all through the forums and can't seem to get anything to work. any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Haxor do you have the info available that hazar gave you to fix the problem I am having the same issue and the link that he/she provided does not work anymore. Thanks for any help... I did do a search thats how I found this thread...

Haxor do you have the info available that hazar gave you to fix the problem I am having the same issue and the link that he/she provided does not work anymore. Thanks for any help... I did do a search thats how I found this thread...
Me too. I get the "still waiting for root device" message too. And I get stuck at the grey screen with the circle and slash. So can you give me the info too please?