50% Working but 50% Not Working

8 posts in this topic

Hey All...

I have just installed JAS OSX 10.4.8 with the other bits added to it, SSE3 is it? Anyways, after three attempts its installed. I noticed that if you select hardware you dont have, troubles loom. Same as if you try installing AMD and Intel support and SSE2 and 3...

My problems now are that

GRAPHICS - Work but dont work as they should, i am getting laggy scroll boxes and windows that mess up, they loose there three buttons in the corner and the bar goes funny colours, i guess this is a driver issue? I have seen this on Windows when the driver is not working, or the refresh rate or the likes is wrong?

My graphics card is a nVidia GEForce GO 7600

AUDIO - Just doesnt work, i have a realtek sound card, HDAudio, i am not sure of the model, Windows reports rtkdhaud.sys, so your guess is as good as mine, if not better.

AIRPORT/WIreless - Again, doesnt work, i have an Intel Wireless card.

AverMedia MPEG Card? Will this ever work? Guessing not?

So what does work?

Well its boots up, and you get a screen that works, just to bad it lags at times, with some windows it goes funny and scroll boxes it messes up too. It has detected the graphics card correctly in theory, as it lists the right model, i have working USB and DV/Firewire ports. My GIGBit LAN works, touchpad and keyboard. Even the Keyboard shortcuts for Brightness and Audi Work.

Any info on how i can solve my problems with the things above would be most appreciated. Cheers...

For GeForce use Titan drivers (I have same model as you, pretty good workin').

For Intel Wireless you need to know exact model number.

For AverMedia no chances, i guess (

And digg forum, there's many answers.

Hey thanks for that...

My System is looking good now

WORKING

- BLUETOOTH (BUILT IN CARD)

- CARDBUS

- USB

- FIREWIRE

- GRAPHICS

- DVD RAM (ONLY SHOWS AS ROM?)

Soon to be working is the

- AUDIO

- WIRELESS

I think i have located drivers for both of them after looking around the forums

Any ideas on how to get the DVD-RAM to be a RAM driver and not show as a ROM?

Gave up on my MPEG card, cant find even linux drivers for it, so think thats never ever going to work....

Should i be using SSE3 or SSE2? I have a Centrino Duo, think its 1800mhz.

Should i be using SSE3 or SSE2? I have a Centrino Duo, think its 1800mhz.

If you can run OSX86 you already use one of them :) Check Utilities>System Profiler, in Hardware find CPU Features, there's something like this: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 CX16.

For full info about your processor use CPUz, it's program for Windows.

Soon to be working is the

- AUDIO

- WIRELESS

I think i have located drivers for both of them after looking around the forums

If you want your audio and wireless working, you also need exact info about them, maybe some specific info like Device ID eg. Everest (for Windows) can provide you with all this info.

Good luck, man!

Ok! I guess they don't support my laptop LCD than

I've got a Go7600 and tried all of them! Everything works fine if I connect an external monitor to my laptop, but the internal LCD just won't get recognised :(

too bad ...

To Update - - -

I have the Acer Aspire 5650. The GFX Card is GO7600 with 256 RAM, its working Perfect under TITAN drivers, but has issues with other drivers floating around...

The only issue i have found is that if idle, it goes into a sleep mode it cant get out of, so not sure whats causing that?

I now have my Audio working too, using drivers from this forum...

I cant get the wireless working though, cant even find the model NO. All its says is Intel Wireless ABG, inspecting the drivers it looks like a 2200? But when i download drivers for this it wont mount under OSX? i cant find any one else with this issue so dont know what the resolve is...

All is working pretty well now, be good to try get the MMC/SD Card Reader working...

All the thanks goes out to you guys who have made drivers and supported this project, otherwise, i would have not even got OSX installed... I can see plenty of work has gone into all that has been done...