Creative XMOD skipping when playing on 10.4.8/10.4.9

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am on my last setup issue with my laptop 10.4.9 and pc 10.4.8 but found an issue with my Creative XMOD.

My XMOD skips so bad when I use it that it isn't even worth using. I know it's a USB issue but don't know exactly what fix to use for my usb ports. I am assuming it's a usb2.0 problem where there's not enough speed.

When plugging in External usb keys they come up as HIGH SPEED USB, but the XMOD always comes up as regular USB. Therefore I am assuming that this is a problem with my USB 2.0 setup.

I am running on a ACER 3680 with 1.6GHZ cpu and 2GIG of 533mhz RAM. My PC is running a 3.0 SSE intel prescott with 1.5 gigs of ram. Obviously this doesn't seem like the problem.

I am so close to finishing this project and could really use some help on this.

Hey guys,

I am on my last setup issue with my laptop 10.4.9 and pc 10.4.8 but found an issue with my Creative XMOD.

My XMOD skips so bad when I use it that it isn't even worth using. I know it's a USB issue but don't know exactly what fix to use for my usb ports. I am assuming it's a usb2.0 problem where there's not enough speed.

When plugging in External usb keys they come up as HIGH SPEED USB, but the XMOD always comes up as regular USB. Therefore I am assuming that this is a problem with my USB 2.0 setup.

I am running on a ACER 3680 with 1.6GHZ cpu and 2GIG of 533mhz RAM. My PC is running a 3.0 SSE intel prescott with 1.5 gigs of ram. Obviously this doesn't seem like the problem.

I am so close to finishing this project and could really use some help on this.

Which kernel are you using?

I've upgraded to 10.4.9 and had to change semthex's kernel to another one. And that solved it

Thank you so much for the reply... :tomato:

I am using the 10.4.9 uphuck install dvd that only came with the one kernel. What kernel did u switch to and could you please point me to a tutorial on switching out the kernel?

Thank you!

Magic

• 2 months later...