Cleaning internals of MBP

5 posts in this topic

Anyone cleaned or seen inside a MBP after about a year, I have had lots of experience of Desktop PC`s and seen what happens to them from dust and dirt build up..

How dusty will a MBP be after about a year.... Does it collect Dust, Do the Fans draw in Air.?

I got my MBP C2D six months ago and I really would like to know HOW to clean it from dust etc. There are grains in the holes where the speakers are, there is dust between the keys of the keyboard and so on, although I really don't mess around with my MBP and I treat it very carefully.

Carefully holding the tube from your vacuum cleaner (on a low setting to avoid harming the ventilator) next to the air outlets of your notebook may get rid of most of the loose particles/dust. Turn the notebook off before doing this.

You can also blow a little pressurized air (can) to release some of the more stubborn particles.

I would not recommend opening the notebook at all unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

hecker

I have my Macbook for 6 months now. I'm considering to get a HDD change done to a new and larger 7200rpm HDD. I contacted a guy today that works with a certified Apple technician who could do this for me. Perhaps I'll have a look while he's at it and I could report back to you on what it looks like from the inside. Also from my experience with notebooks is that the stacking up of dust inside the cooling isn't a huge deal since in most notebooks the cooling mechinism is sealed in a casing. Ofcourse you got use a vacuumcleaner to blow through the cooling.