macfuse and ntfs-3g currupted hd again and again

drunknbass

4 posts in this topic

anyone else have this problem? this is the 3rd time! i install a seperate hd with vista and another partition on that same drive to host shared files. and if something happens and my computer gets shut off unexpectantly like a power outtage or some other mistake, my ntfs partitions get messed up beyond repair.

is this normal? im on my 4th reformat and vista install right now im getting kinda sick of it actually. getting to the point i might just format this as a mac partition and run xp in parelells

Have you considered that you may have a hardware problem? My hack has suffered 3 or 4 power outtages due to electrical storms and the ntfs partitions are just perfect. If you still think that isn't a hardware problem, report the bug to the ntfs-3g/MacFUSE creators, but I doubt that that's the case.

i dont think disk util automatically fixes permissions on the ntfs partition. whats the shared partition formatted in? i suggest getting the latest macfuse tools and core + NTFS 3g packages and reinstalling them. remember to uninstall the older versions and follow the guide in the genius bar exactly.