Likelyhood of Yorkfield and Gigabyte P35 Boards working?

7 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on this? I guess it's something that's to be seen, but will SSE4 instructions hurt 10.4.9 or 10.5 (future) installs?

Shame that Apple won't get on the ball with newer video cards as well. I feel like, even if this will work when Penryn drops, I'll still be stuck with an X1950XT....

New Gigabyte P35-DQ6 with DDR 2 works like 965-DQ6, everything, including lan works except audio. It has the new Realtek alc889 audio chip. Have not been able to get this working yet. Can't comment on the DDR3 version though. So if anyone has any ideas on the realtek alc889 I would like to hear them. The onboard networking can be got working with drivers available for the onboard Realtek chip, available from this site.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Khid,

My flashed card is working a treat in OSX. This is the fastest "mac" (almost) I have ever used. The card is actually a point of view 7900 GTX 512 but works well.

What drivers do you use to get work the realtek 8111? (onboard LAN)

The SATA AHCI drivers recognized as Generic AHCI or ICH9R AHCI?

Thanks in advance!

PD: My disk performance it's a bit low, about 80 points on Xbench and it's the most newstest disk from WD (WD 500gb SATA2 model WD5000AAKS)

• 4 weeks later...