A really good uninstaller?

after

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know a really good uninstaller for mac? I came across appzapper but it so sucked bad. I'm looking for one that isnt just a search program, anyone can do that in finder, but a program that knows what the related files are to a program and finds them as well, not just because the file or folder shares the same name as the app.

thanks guys

Usualy and for most apps, there is nothing else to uninstall then what appzapper finds... I use it and works great...

Most apps just store a preferences file in /library/preferences and thats all... except for the apps you need to enter admin password on install.

Usualy the frameworks and binaries needed by the app are stored in the app itself so delete that and your done... this is not windows ;)

I've never bothered with an Uninstaller before. As coolbits said, most apps are self contained, so simply dragging them to the trash removes the whole thing. The only file normally left is in ~/Library/Preferences, which is easy enough to remove if you want (though it isn't really necessary to).