Mac Os X stays at the grey loding screen

~anima

4 posts in this topic

A while ago I installed 10.4.8 JaS on my computer without any other OS. after reboot it shows up the grey loading screen but nothing else. after 20min the screen wasnt gone and the loading circle still moving. WTF ive done wrong?!

My sys:

Intel C2D E6600@X6800

Asus P5B

2GB ram

Sapphire X1900XTX

Restart the computer and press F8 as soon as the POST completes. You'll get the Darwin prompt, type -v for verbose startup. You will then see where things are getting stuck. Did you select any video drivers when you installed? If so, that may be where it's stalling. The only thing I selected to install was the intel package sse2 or whatever it's called, and the get info about this mac package that wouldn't crash. no extra fonts, printer drivers, or additional language support. Every time I tried to install the ati video drivers it would stall at startup exactly as you describe. the only solution I could come up with is to start all over from scratch......

yeah I would post it but I just finished setting up my computer without Mac Os X. I will get a second harddrive and Install it in there. ty u very much beatrice, may this could work for me. I installed X11 I think with the ati drivers.