Can't get Leopard installed

Aaron_0514

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I have the Leopard_Client_9A410.dmg. I converted to a .cdr, burned a DVD, then booted from that DVD.... and every mac I try it on (G4 500 x2, iMac G4 700MHz, Quicksilver 733MHz), I get an error message after booting saying something like, "This system does not support 10.5".. or something to that effect. I click "OK" and I can navigate around (to things like disk utility)......

Do I have a bad image?

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appricated....

Thanks,

Aaron

You should just burn the DMG instead of converting to a .cdr, although I dont think that is the issue. When leopard first started floating around, the first DVD i burned with it didnt work. I just redownloaded and burnt (at a slow speed) using toast and it worked fine.

I burned it at 8X. I can boot from the DVD with no issues. Just after I choose English, I then get an error message saying that 10.5 will not run my system.

I even restored the .dmg to an iPod and tried that... I can boot from it, just like from the DVD, but I get the same error - 10.5 does not support my system.

I don't understand - I had the first beta relase and that worked flawlessly........but this new 9A410 is giving me grief. I was able to install the first release on my dual 500MHz G4, my 733MHz G4 Quicksilver and even my G4 400MHz Powerbook. Did Apple revamp the system requirements ?