OS X Wont Start Unless My External USB Drive IS Hooked Up!

mawsoccer

4 posts in this topic

I have wiped my entire drive clean and installed JaS OSX 86 10.4.8. I have sinced updated to JaS 10.4.9 and installed the all in one P5B Deluxe fix from someone on this forum.

How can I get my HDD to boot straight into OSX without having my external DVD Writer hooked up with the install disk in it?

You can try to fix the MBR in single user mode, I've done it once and it worked, also, if you have more than one partition, make sure that the OSX partition is set to active, i don't remember hot to fix the MBR, You've got to search in here...

To set the partition active, you can use partition magic, acronis disk manager, diskpart from windows xp, and lots more programs...

Hope it helps!

I have wiped my entire drive clean and installed JaS OSX 86 10.4.8. I have sinced updated to JaS 10.4.9 and installed the all in one P5B Deluxe fix from someone on this forum.

How can I get my HDD to boot straight into OSX without having my external DVD Writer hooked up with the install disk in it?

The 10.48 disk utility is toast.

You have to erase with an earlier release, then restart with the 10.48 install DVD and install from there.

I had the same problem last week, and it drove me NuTz.

There's a quote about it from Jas himself here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=52046

Thank you soo much...

Although this is of no use to me now... it would have been had boot camp worked.

Haha. I'd rather run windows through the Mac boot loader than running Mac through the Windows boot loader.

Thanks again!