Uphuck 10.4.9 Release 1.2 Problems

errandwolfe

4 posts in this topic

Sorry, I know there is an existing thread for this release, but most of the talk there is about video cards and CPU issues. I figured I would start a thread that is a bit more specific.

I am a VERY frequent user of .Mac. I rely very heavily on the iDisk service to make sure I have the latest file version, whether my desktop or laptop. Since installing this release I have been totally unable to sync. When I did the upgrade from 10.4.8 (JaS) I would simply get the message that synchronization had failed and there would be nothing written to the logs about why it failed. After I did a clean install I would then get reports that the Mirror Agent had crashed. Either way I was unable to even manually connect to my iDisk.

Does anyone have any clues as to how I might fix this?

In case anyone is interested, it looks like I have figured out the solution.

First thing I had to do was disable my .Mac account by removing my username/password from System Preferences.

Second I had to reinstall Security Update 2007-004v.1.1. I installed using Pacifist so my loginwindow.app was not modified.

Third I set my .Mac account up again and low and behold sync worked.

Finally I reinstalled Security Update 2007-005.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. Could you detail your procedure for fixing this. Where did you get the Security Update(s) ? If I use Pacifist to install it will "automagically" not alter the loginwindow.app or is there something specific I should do to make sure it won't do that. Not being able to access .mac idisk is a real nuisance for me too so I appreciate the help.