AppleTPMACPI.kext causes extreme crashing

zactommo

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm running tiger on a Gigabyte GA-8S648FX-775 with a P4 3.2ghz processor and 1gig of ram, with a nvidia geforce 4 mx460. North-bridge: SiS648FX South-bridge: SiS964 MuTIOL® Media I/O . I installed by dd-ing tiger-x86-flat.img straight to a spare 40gig hd(its the primary in my setup, with windows drive at secondary) It installed fine, and runs fine with mach_kernel fix, and coregraphics fix applied, but when AppleTPMACPI.kext is removed, the OS crashes at the drop of a hat. I definately need to get rid of AppleTPMACPI.kext becuase kernel_task is using over 100% of my cpu resources, but an OS that crashes when you try to do anything isn't very useful either. I'm running a couple of extra sound cards, a firewire, and video carpture cards in my pci if that has anything to do with it. Help ME!

Also, if anyone knows why my osx tiger is only seeing 256 of my 1 gig of ram, and how to resize my drive from 6 to the full size of my drive, and how to get graphics drivers for my card, that would be useful also.

Cheers!!

Isaac

Thanks

I'm not on a very large internet plan so it might take awhile to get the latest image. Does anyone have any idea how i could solve my problems in the mean time.

Hypertetically if i was looking for the latest image, what might its file name be on a torrent site?

Cheers

I used to install (dd) that image you have. As far I can remember I delete that TPMACPI.kext and it was fine.

Maybe you could try the TPM patch by maxxuss, but I guess the image should be already patched otherways it woldnt work.... try anyway. You dont have nothing to loose.

As for the dvd images search for somethin like that:

JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso

you'll find it at demonoid (invitation requiered) or mininova.

EDIT:

I just saw you have a 'problematic' chipset...

go here,here or here to read more about