Can somebody help me? 0X00197517 FPU Segment Overrun Exception In Kernel Thread Context

BrazilMAC

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

My Specs:

Laptop Fujitsu Amilo L6820

512 MB RAM

80Gb Hard Disc

Processor: Intel Celeron R 2.5GHZ MMX, SSE, SSE2

Intel 82845 Graphics

DVD Installation: Mac OS X 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 [JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso

Hello Board,

I am having a little problem trying to install on My laptop. I keep getting a kernel panic (please see attachments, sorry for the quality). I dunno what else to do, I have another laptop (TOshiba P100-160) with a successful install, but this one is being a pain. I get stuck right after loading the DVD with the kernel panic. The first line reads;

"0X00197517 FPU Segment Overrun Exception in Kernel Thread Context". I dunno if this is related to the panic, but I am pretty sure it is. Again, no devices connected to the laptop.

Any clues???? Thanks again.

Herick

post-105159-1179937512_thumb.jpg

post-105159-1179937533_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have the same laptop ..and after I resurched the net for other similar kernel panic I decided that a bios update is neddet for the error that this laptop is haveing is because the PS2 for the keyboard and mouse controler is not supported... so in order to have a succesfully install you have to update the bios...the only problem is that the oficial supported bios is from 2004 ..I will flash that bios today and I'l post the results short...If you happend to have another solution I'l be happy to hear from you...see ya!