Toshiba Hackintosh almost fully working!

21 posts in this topic

those are the 2 things causing all us toshiba users problems. 3945 has never worked, look through as many forums as you like, it wont work for some reason as far as i can tell. if you find it you just let me know too!!

Wireless adapter doesn't work atm, I got the same issues with my UX91s but there are several projects on the road... :P

A temp fix could the the great idea popped-up by suffwind, here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S171 but every install I've tried has failed

Processor - Intel Celeron M

1.5GB SD-RAM DDR2

Win Xp

JaS 10.4.8 will go to GUI and then ail at various places and i need to reboot

Uphuck 10.4.9 i cannot control the mouse or keyboard once it boots GUI probably a ps2 driver error

ToH Leopard will not even get to gui it tries loading AppleACPIplatform.kext and then has a bios error

• 2 months later...
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4284 dual booting with Windows XP, the only thing I cannot figure out is the wireless card(Intel 3945) and the sound card(Realtek High Definition). Anyone have drivers for these two?

I also have the Toshiba-A105-S4284 Laptop too and a long time ago I managed to get sound out (although stuck at max volume), no sound in, no wifi, but everything else working working by using JaS 10.4.8 Installer and applying bunch of patches.

Anyway, since then I tried the latest Kalyway 10.5.1 EFI (8.0) installer and it took that right away with almost everything working again. Plus it EFI boots with vanilla kernel so it should update directly without having to wait for someone to crack any new kernel!

I then took the iATKOS Leopard 10.5.1 installer and tried it's Intel Ethernet installer package and that fixed the Intel Pro 100 ethernet so I am at least connected (wired). Still no luck with Wifi, and with the Azailia out patch from the iATKOS disk I got sound out going although this time locked at about 30% level, still no sound in.

I was wondering if you have any luck since your original post especially with Wifi, variable sound out, and sound in?

Many thanks, Paul

• 1 year later...
I also have the Toshiba-A105-S4284 Laptop too and a long time ago I managed to get sound out (although stuck at max volume), no sound in, no wifi, but everything else working working by using JaS 10.4.8 Installer and applying bunch of patches.

Anyway, since then I tried the latest Kalyway 10.5.1 EFI (8.0) installer and it took that right away with almost everything working again. Plus it EFI boots with vanilla kernel so it should update directly without having to wait for someone to crack any new kernel!

I then took the iATKOS Leopard 10.5.1 installer and tried it's Intel Ethernet installer package and that fixed the Intel Pro 100 ethernet so I am at least connected (wired). Still no luck with Wifi, and with the Azailia out patch from the iATKOS disk I got sound out going although this time locked at about 30% level, still no sound in.

I was wondering if you have any luck since your original post especially with Wifi, variable sound out, and sound in?

Many thanks, Paul

I have a Toshiba A105-S4324 and I can only run CPU=1. If I try running with out that option, the system restarts and freaks out at boot time. I was hoping I can get some support on how to run with both cores. The system definately needs it. I put in 4 gbs of RAM and 500 GB hard drive to try to duplicate a Mac Pro but the system only recognizes 3 gbs not 4. Not sure if that extra gig of RAM affects the performance. My main concern is the CPU. I'd like to get both running. I would appreciate any help.

System iDeneb 10.5.6 upgraded to 10.5.8

thanks for the support!

• 3 months later...
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4284 dual booting with Windows XP, the only thing I cannot figure out is the wireless card(Intel 3945) and the sound card(Realtek High Definition). Anyone have drivers for these two?

I cannot get my LAN to work, I have a A105-4274 Win7 and 10.5.6 Are you using 10.5.6? My network says cable unplugged, but it is not, I have tried all the tricks. What install did you use? I used IPC My wireless did not work either. I hear it is in process of having a driver developed, I tried the developmental version from iwifi but it caused panic. The audio I just swapped some other .kext files until it worked, not the best, pops a little, but works.

• 3 weeks later...
hi! how can i dual boot mac os x with my currently installed vista on my toshiba A205 laptop? wat particular installer will i use? hope for the help! thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

You are going to need to partition your HDD in order to dual boot with vista and mac os x. There are many ways to dual boot guide in this forum and online just need a little bit of search.

Many thanks, Paul

I have tried a few verions on my Toshiba A105-S2101 but no luck yet.

1. Mac Tiger X OS (10.4.8) = No install

2. iAtkos v7 (10.5.7) = Stuck at waiting for root device

3. iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) = Want to reboot once I tried to enter hdd utility in order to set the partition.

4. uphuck v1.4 r2 (10.4.9) = Same thing as iDeneb

• 3 weeks later...

i remember reading somewhere that the waiting for root device is an error with IOATAFamily.kext or something... worth doing a google on

BTW I have Toshiba Satellite P300-20H and the only issues I have are:

- Graphice (intel 4500MHD) native with chameleon 915 patch but no QE/CI

- WIFI 4965agn bought a Dell Wifi card to stick in waiting for delivery

So I have a Toshiba Satellite L35 Dual Booting with Windows 7 and I to had the Intel 3945. I bought a Broadcom card and now its working fine! (Can't remember witch one lol). and as far as the sound. I have installed deferent versions of OSX86 and one time i installed sound work then it didn't and now it does! IDK! haha but anyways i am currently using Kalyway 10.5.2. and all is working fine. well i have 1280x768 res where it should be 1280x800 but i can't tell!

• 3 weeks later...
You are going to need to partition your HDD in order to dual boot with vista and mac os x. There are many ways to dual boot guide in this forum and online just need a little bit of search.

I have tried a few verions on my Toshiba A105-S2101 but no luck yet.

1. Mac Tiger X OS (10.4.8) = No install

2. iAtkos v7 (10.5.7) = Stuck at waiting for root device

3. iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6) = Want to reboot once I tried to enter hdd utility in order to set the partition.

4. uphuck v1.4 r2 (10.4.9) = Same thing as iDeneb

Hi

I had the same problem i used iAtkos v7 10.5.7 i had to change the bios setting to ACHI then it worked but still i cant get the wifi nor the lan to work and the graphics card on ~Toshiba Sat Pro A300 to work

If you get anything working let me know thanks

Aki

Hey everyone i have a satellite L305-S5955 and it's a complete sucess the disto i used is hazard snow 10.6.2 and i have compiled the Synaptics kext for snow leopard for vitual scrolling and two finger scrolling , everything works except backlight control and i'm currently looking into it for a fix and no quartz extreme which i don't think we will ever have but i did find a native res bootloader and have fixes for the screen capture and preview app not working.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@killa aaron

hey, i got a toshiba satellite a500 and got everything working at least fine so far (yeah, using a usb-wifi solution but whatever...) and i have the same problem:

the function keys like volume up/down, previous track, next and so on are partially working (that means the ones i mentioned work and the light on/off works as mute/unmute) but not lit.

from what i know it depends on which version auf voodoops2 you use, if you use it (i had another version and some of the function keys that work now weren't working, changing it back fixed it). have you or someone else had any success fixing it?

thank you. :P