emachine doesn't suck anymore

apple apple

4 posts in this topic

Wow, first I'd like to give a big thanks to this forum, the community, developers and programers (both curent and retired) that have put so much time and work into OSX86. I think too many people demand you fix their problem for them without going through the hassle of researching the wealth of information already present here and on the wiki; so again... thank you.

With that said, I own an Apple and love it. It's an old G4 Quicksilver that I added a processor card to. My mother in law recetly bought a walmart special emachine w3609, and had nothing but problems with it. I've used pc's for ages so I took a look at it. Turns out the box was equiped with Vista. Maybe it's just my inexperience with the new OS, but I found doing anything with it slow and painful.

Well, back when I upgraded my Apple I stumbled on to the OSX86 project, so I did more research on the whole thing and in a couple weeks my mother in law has a fully functioning emachine Apple. Only thing that gets me is that her computer now feels a bit faster than mine now.

• 1 month later...

I bought the exact same emachine and do not like vista at all. I already installed oxs86 10.4 and it works fine, but I am having problems getting the sound and network drivers. Can you point me in the wright way?

Wow, first I'd like to give a big thanks to this forum, the community, developers and programers (both curent and retired) that have put so much time and work into OSX86. I think too many people demand you fix their problem for them without going through the hassle of researching the wealth of information already present here and on the wiki; so again... thank you.

With that said, I own an Apple and love it. It's an old G4 Quicksilver that I added a processor card to. My mother in law recetly bought a walmart special emachine w3609, and had nothing but problems with it. I've used pc's for ages so I took a look at it. Turns out the box was equiped with Vista. Maybe it's just my inexperience with the new OS, but I found doing anything with it slow and painful.

Well, back when I upgraded my Apple I stumbled on to the OSX86 project, so I did more research on the whole thing and in a couple weeks my mother in law has a fully functioning emachine Apple. Only thing that gets me is that her computer now feels a bit faster than mine now.

• 2 months later...

then i guess eMachines are pretty good systems for OSX86. I have a t6420 running 10.4.9 right now. All that was needed for a native install was a bios flash of the official MSI bios (the OEM of the motherboard.) Audio out works, and i have a PCIE GeForce 7600 in it, along with a rtl8139 ethernet card, and it runs so smoothly. Much better than my REV. A iMac G5