My Story

bigjohnjr

7 posts in this topic

I have been playing with osx on my computer for about over a year. Never having a mac and never using one I had no idea of how it works.

Last year after lots of fustrations with the stabilty of osx on my old pc I went to the apple store and got my self a mac mini.

Wow, was I happy. It worked and never crashed or hung up.

Not really fast but good enough.

A few months ago I got a 24 inch Imac. Very fast, 2 gigs of ram, 500 gig hard drive, nvidia 256k video card.

All this from "playing" with osx.

I have been a windows user and now I am a mac user and could not be happier.

If I did not "play" with osx I would have never gotten a mac.

Last month I got a mac book pro, now I have 3 macs in the house. No more pc's for me.

No more spyware. No more windows updates.

Thanks to all here for all there hard work.

I still stop by and read the threads to see what is going on and to learn as much as I can.

John

Congrats.

All is going to plan................Soon the world will be filled with Macs.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA(Insert Evil Laugh)

I have installed Mac OS X86 yesterday, because I was curious (I ran linux before, but wanted more support for video editing and photo editing).

Now I know that my nexy computer will be a MAC (Mac mini look sexy, too bad it does have a better video card).

Thats awesome. I loved macs since I first saw os x and now finaly have it (mostly, so far). I would love to have a macpro and/or powermac, but can't afford it, so I built this thing, and it's almost 100%. Glad to see some of us acually are supporting apple lol.

strat-player13

This is exactly why I think Apple isn't trying harder to prevent people from running osx86. I may have to eat my words when 10.5 comes out, but I think if they really wanted to prevent people from doing it, they would at least try to shut down all the sites supporting it, if not update their software to not run on Hackintoshes (Unsanity had at least one program that refused to run, and GeekBench correctly identifies "Hackintosh" as the system type, so it wouldn't be too hard for them to do).

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks ago I posted a message saying that my next computer would be a Mac. Well there it is! I could not resist and just bought a iMac 20'. It's gorgeous!

If someone is interested in a Intel Motherboard with a Pentium 4 Extreme Edition @3,2Ghz and a Nvidia card which are all 100% compatible with Mac OS X, drop me a PM :)