Thinkpad running HOT! Help?

glitchman

3 posts in this topic

Hey all, i have OSX 10.4.9 with 8.9.1 installed on my mac, and it works great, except for the battery life and unbelievable heat it throws. It is a Thinkpad T60, and at idle, the thing runs as high as 80C! If i install the acpipowermanagement kext, the processor gets throttled to 1.33ghz, and the temp drops to around 55C. Is there any way to make this thing run cooler? maybe a different kernel or something? because i used to have osx on this thing and it was never this hot. Also, battery life sucks (1:45). Is there any way to improve this as well? Thanks in advance!

Try to delete AppleACPIThermal.kext. It's inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Must be activated then like usual and works after reboot.

On my Athlon 64 3400+ (Desktop) I got the temp was about 6°C lower. On 10.4.7 I didn't have this problem at all. Wish you luck!

GreetinX from the Other Side!

Try to delete AppleACPIThermal.kext. It's inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Must be activated then like usual and works after reboot.

On my Athlon 64 3400+ (Desktop) I got the temp was about 6°C lower. On 10.4.7 I didn't have this problem at all. Wish you luck!

GreetinX from the Other Side!

i already did this, and i got no change in temperature :)