Intel GMA900 more resolutions? FIXED!

Hot_Black

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just installed the JAS 10.4.8 version of OSx86 on my PC. I have an Asus P5LD2-VM with the intel 945G chipset and GMA 900 integrated graphics (i do have an Nvdia Geforce 6600 512 Ram but it doesnt appear to be supported so it has been disabled)

I have sound and picture, everything boots ok but I cant change the resolutions on the display. I have tried looking for the solution all morning but nothing. Can anyone help?

P.S. Im a Mac Newbie so be gentle

Thanks in advance

I did as you suggested and it resulted in the OS hanging at the blue screen.

I checked my motherboard manual online, it says it GMA 900 for definite. I seen a GMA900 support package on the disc too, i will use that next time.

OK, so the GMA900 support package does not work either. It makes my system hang at the blue screen.

Anyone else know what I am doing wrong or can anyone tell me of a way to uninstall the GMA support packages without having to reinstall each time?

Thanks

No they didn't work either, I just keep getting the blue screen at start up if I use any GMA900 or 950 drivers. I cant even test my Geforce 6600 512mb as the monitors just switch off when it is active.

I really wish I could get this workin, i love my macbook but a PC with OS x would be great

I managed to fix my problem.

I got my PNY Geforce 6600 512 MB PCI-E card working, only on one monitor though Using Titan (nvidia).kext. The monitor thats using the VGA port is fine but the other one plugged in via a DVI->Vga adapter isnt recognised.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Ty for the help so far