Help needed to dual boot os x with win xp - deadmoo image

iamit

2 posts in this topic

hello,

i have windows xp pro and 16 GB free space, i have downloaded the deadmoo image - tiger-osx86.img.

i want to dual boot mac with windows, i have searched long but couldn't find a way which i could try as most of them said to have a new hard drive and to burn the image on it using linux.

can anyone tell me a way to install os x with using only xp and without losing my data, also how do i burn the .img file to a dvd, i tried ultraiso and magiciso to convert it but they can't recognize the format.

please help me.

get yourself a good nice recent release, like 10.4.8 or 10.4.9, from jas or uphuck if you're on intel, and tubgirl's if you're on amd.

Then go in the Tutorials (The Genius Bar) to read and chose a guide of your liking, one you prefer and sticks more closely to your hardware, and you'll be fine (hopefully).

forget the deadmoo... it's dead and it's moo(t)... well, it served its cause a long time ago, so 'respect, yo', but you'll have a better experience with what's now available, with less suffering.

you can install on a free space on your present hd, as long as it's in a primary partition (and before any extended partition if any, to lessen problems); the guides are well made and the authors or others will help if need be.