geforce go 7400!...please help....

8 posts in this topic

ihave a sony vaio vgn-c25 series laptop...it has a geforce go 7400 card....i have installed using 10.4.8 jas intel amd disk...i have tried all i could but couldnt get osx to recognize my graphics card...tried macvidia installers..natit...titan...with macvidia it just crashes on boot...and with natit and titan at the boot the display just fades to white withsome horizontal lines appering randomly!!!...

to change resolution..i tried putting "graphics mode" key in the boot.plist...but it seems that the resolution doesnt go beyond 1024x768 with this method..as i cant find any diff.between 1024x768 res and 1280x800 res!!...

many people claim that they have got their 7400 running with qe/ci!!..

i am have semthex 8.8.1 kernel...

hey guys please help!!!!!!!!

After hours of trial and error i have been able to run mac on my c1z. also having the same problem with the graphics. would be glad if any 1 can help. also is there any way to get my wifi to work?

thaks in advance

Hi,

I also own a laptop with go 7400 card, from what I know right now is imposible to get it working in the laptop display with several resolution modes and qe/ci.

But it works well on a external monitor.

Right now I have it installed with natit and qe/ci but as many people its recognized as unknown graphic card and only with 64mb (mine has 128) and the biggest problem is that I cannot work in the laptop display (I would love it... )

Maverick: I think if you install natit whenever the screens fades to white if you have an external monitor I think it will work just like it did for me.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the help guys. i tried natid uni 1.0 it didnt work for me. afther the apple logo on the grayish screen the whole screen goes black. seems like i have to install mac again. hmmm.... is there any way to get rid of the display driver without having to reinstall mac?

• 5 months later...

hi atiom ,

can you please post the device id of your video card that you say is working?

I really need to solve the "black internal display" issue on this vaio after installing natit (external display works BTW, but no internal display... perhaps something related to laptoppanel.kext ?).

Thanks!

Mal

• 1 month later...