HELP! Dual Monitor Nvidia! :(

4 posts in this topic

Hello! i have 10.4.8 jas amd/intel sseII, sseIII, ppfI and II...

My GPU is Nvidia 6200 128MB DDR2 (non turbo cache :) ), i have titan drivers,full workin ;) ... so he question is, i have to remove the titan and put than new natit? how do i do that?

Thanks for your time... sorry about my english :wacko:

First, move (don't delete) the Titan.kext file in /System/Library/Extensions to somewhere easy to access if you end up not able to boot and need to move it back. Then copy Natit.kext into the Extensions directory, set permissions, delete the caches, and reboot. Here are the terminal commands:

sudo -s

(enter your password)

- This will move the Titan.kext file to your desktop folder

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext ~/Desktop

- This will copy the Natit.kext file into the Extensions folder (assuming you have the file on the desktop)

cp ~/Desktop/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

- This will set the proper permissions for the file

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

- Then remove the cache files

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot your computer and cross your fingers. If you get a kernel panic, you will have to boot into Single User Mode, or from the install DVD to remove the Natit.kext and put the old Titan.kext back (you will need to set the permissions and delete the caches again as well).

First, move (don't delete) the Titan.kext file in /System/Library/Extensions to somewhere easy to access if you end up not able to boot and need to move it back. Then copy Natit.kext into the Extensions directory, set permissions, delete the caches, and reboot. Here are the terminal commands:

sudo -s

(enter your password)

- This will move the Titan.kext file to your desktop folder

mv /System/Library/Extensions/Titan.kext ~/Desktop

- This will copy the Natit.kext file into the Extensions folder (assuming you have the file on the desktop)

cp ~/Desktop/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

- This will set the proper permissions for the file

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

- Then remove the cache files

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Reboot your computer and cross your fingers. If you get a kernel panic, you will have to boot into Single User Mode, or from the install DVD to remove the Natit.kext and put the old Titan.kext back (you will need to set the permissions and delete the caches again as well).

Thanks a LOT!!! the problem now is the VGA and DVI outputs, i have to buy a card with 2DVI. Thanks! ;):P