64-bit OSX Hackintosh?

rusteswan

5 posts in this topic

(Aplogies if this is a re-post, I did do a search but didnt find anything...)

Ok, so the other day I was wondering if my hackintosh was actually running 32 or 64-bit OSX because id seen an article comparing performance, so I downloaded geekbench and it tells me thats its running 32bit.

This doesnt bother me at all - everything works beautifully, just like a home made mac pro with performance to too far off the true Apple workstations and if it aint broke-why fix it? But I was wondering if anyone has a 64bit OSx86 install dics or wether anyone has started work on one yet?

It might be quite interesting to compare hackintosh performance across the two platforms?

rustE

:)

Yes and I can clearly see why it was originally called that but I wouldnt expect a potentially confusing change of project name during the next phase of development :)

No need for sarcastic answers that dont answer the question.... cheers...

I dont think there is a high chance of someone developing/coding a 64-bit version. However, Leopard is going to be 64-bit so it would make more sense to start work on hacking Leopard to work on PC's. :)

- Sb.

I thought that might be the case - we'll have to hang till then...

I just wondered if it may be possible with tiger as the intel macpro's run 64bit tiger. I guess tbh thats going to be alot of development that would be quickly out-dated once work starts on leopard. :gun:

rustE